Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Face Lift

Face Lift is a visual film with no dialogue in it. It is a graduation film to showcase the talent of Aisling Kelly a makeup artist from IADT who chose to do her final year project on two poems by Sylvia Plath - Bell Jar and Face Lift. The video is directed by Dave Cox.

Aisling wanted to showcase her talents by giving every scene, person and emotion a very specific make up look and colour. Having a background in makeup and loving anything visual and abstract I was very keen to be involved with this project. After my leaving cert, I won't lie I chose to forget everything I could about Sylvia Plath but Face Lift gave me a new found respect for Sylvia that I may not have had before now having done research on her for some of the scenes involved. I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Here are some pictures of the different make up looks involved with my character. It was a very fun project to work on with regards to the looks - such as a maggot infested wound on my face, getting to use a bald cap for the first time ever and being blue.








A screen shot from the video


Some extracts from Aislings workbook 



No comments:

Post a Comment